HomeWelcome to the 35th Anniversary GMiS Conference!
For 35 years, GMiS has been inspired and encouraged by the passion and resilience of our students to achieve academic excellence and become outstanding leaders in their community. GMiS is proud to help support the STEM Career Pathways of our underrepresented and underserved communities in their quest to push technical boundaries, innovate new horizons, and advance diversity and inclusion. The GMiS Conference looks forward to bring together so many diverse brilliant minds, who are dedicated to solving today’s technical challenges at the forefront of the 4th Technological Revolution.
Why Attend the GMiS Conference?
- Your One-Stop for a science, technology, computing or engineering internship, co-op, research experience or full-time employment with a leading Fortune 500 company, national research lab, or federal agency or enroll in a STEM graduate program.
- An in-person job networking/search opportunity with national entities looking for diverse, home-grown talent especially from traditionally underrepresented ethnic/racial groups and women.
- Over 80% of student attendees receive the opportunity to interview with prospective employers or graduate programs, receive offers of employment or connection with recruiters.
- Over 150 Interview Booths and B0 exhibitors from Fortune 500 companies, national labs, civilian careers with the Military, and graduate schools.
- Competitive registration rates (as low as $125)
- More face-time with recruiters!! Compared to the larger conference size of our sister organizations - i.e. SHPE, AISES, SACNAS, SWE, NSBE, Grace Hopper - the smaller size of the GMiS Conference provides a student:recruiter ratio of 10:2.
- Compete in the highly-acclaimed GMiSTEM Zone and demonstrate your knowledge in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) - a popular and often-used technique across all industry types to help identify the origin of a problem using a specific set of protocols, tools, and processes.'
- Present your research to STEM Professionals (and potential recruiters) in the Research Posters Competition.
- Attend Hospitality Suites and the Speed Networking Breakfast to meet sponsors ahead of the career fair to line-up a potential interview!
October 11 - 14, 2023
Pasadena Convention Center,300 E Green St, Pasadena, CA 91101
Hotel reservations are available now and the hotel rates, based on availability, will remain in effect until September 1, 2023.
Conference events will take place primarily at the Pasadena Conference Center with a few exceptions taking place in surrounding hotels. All hotels are within walking distance to the Pasadena Conference Center. The furthest hotel the Old Pasadena Courtyard by Marriott which is .6 miles away and approximately a 13-minute walk to the Center.
Government Rates - For details on available government rates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professionals - Refunds, less administrative fee of $50 will be issued upon WRITTEN requests if received by August 30, 2023. No refunds will be issued on requests received after this date, regardless of the situati0n.
Students - Refunds, less administrative fee of $25 will be issued upon WRITTEN requests if received by September 8, 2023. No refunds will be issued on requests received after this date, regardless of the situation.
CODE OF CONDUCT
GMiS is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of age, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, nationality, race or religion. We expect all of our attendees to contribute to a professional and respectful atmosphere. All attendees - students, professionals, educators, executives, speakers, exhibitors, staff, stakeholders, guests and volunteers - are required to comply with the GMiS Code of Conduct. GMiS Staff will enforce this code throughout the event to ensure a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment for everyone. Anyone violating these rules may receive a written warning or be asked to leave the event at the sole discretion of GMiS without a refund of any charge. Appropriate legal action will be taken against violators where applicable. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a GMiS Staff.
By attending the GMiS Conference, you acknowledge that your image may be captured on video or in photos taken on behalf of GMiS. You further provide GMiS the right to use candid group photos or videos without securing additional permission, provided those images are not accompanied by further personally identifying information. You agree that their photograph or video may be used in GMiS-related communications and promotional materials and may be posted on GMiS’ official social media pages during and after the conference.
To safeguard the health and safety of 35th Anniversary GMiS Conference attendees, GMiS will comply with federal, state, and locally issued health and safety precautions, including the CDC’s Guidance for Events. GMiS has taken and will continue to take all reasonable precautions to prevent against the presence and spread of the disease but cannot and does not guarantee against exposure; and therefore, in choosing to attend the GMiS Conferences you acknowledge that you are assuming a risk that you may be exposing yourself to COVID-19 and its potential health risks.
By registering and attending the GMiS Conference, you acknowledge that you accept the risk of being exposed to or infected with COVID-19; that if you are infected, you may infect others; and that contracting COVID-19 may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability or even death, both to yourself and to others with whom you may come in contact or whom you may infect if you become a carrier or transmitter of the virus. Therefore, I choose to accept the risk of exposure to COVID-19 and I agree that I am personally responsible for my safety and actions while attending the GMiS Conference.
You accept sole responsibility for this risk and agree to hold the event venue, GMiS, its board of directors, board members, officers, agents, servants, affiliates, employees, successors, and assigns from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, and causes of action whatsoever, directly or indirectly arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury, including death, that may be sustained to COVID-19 while participating in any activity associated with the GMiS Conference.
We ask that you please not attend if:
Within 10 days prior to the event, you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, and you did not receive a negative rapid test result within days 5-10 after exposure.
Within 48 hours prior to the event, you have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain/achiness, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, congestion, runny nose, diarrhea, vomiting, fatigue, or any other symptoms of COVID-19.
For more information, please visit www.greatmindsinstem.org or email email@example.com.